Breaking Breakfast Rules

Breaking the rules is just another way of breaking out of the box, coloring outside the lines or not conforming to popular standards, am I right? Of course, I'm right, silly!

Standard Breakfast: Eggs, potatoes, grits, toast, pancakes, syrup, sausage, bacon, cereal, porridge. Got it. Love all of these things.

Confession: Today I broke the breakfast rules.

Leftover lentil salad topped with a beautiful soft-boiled egg and a few crumbles of blue cheese. It was delicious and loaded with nutritional goodness. It was also easy to prepare, pack and take to work with me. While my 3-minute egg was cooking, I scooped lentil salad into a portable container and sprinkled with the crumbled cheese. Timer goes off, egg goes under cold running water. I peeled my egg, placed it on the lentils, dusted with black pepper and salt and gently broke in two. All done in just enough time to take my laptop to the car, drink a glass of water, wash up the coffee cups, pack my lunch and kiss my sweet husband on the cheek.

Go on, see how you can break the rules today. You've had breakfast for dinner before (everyone has), so you already know how. Maybe dinner will be a picnic? Hmmmm...food for thought, sho' 'nough!

Comments

Popular Posts