Supplements Salad

The easiest and tastiest and crunchiest salad. Really! Fiber, fabulous flavors, and loads of nutrition--all in an easy, make-ahead salad that's great for a snack, quick lunch or dinner side. Here's the recipe.


Highly customizable and easily assembled, if you’re looking for great flavor and lots of nutrition, then this is your salad.  Often, when I consider menus for the week, I look at my kitchen as a nutrition dispensary, because the food we eat should not only be delicious; it should also be filled with fiber and nutrition to support good health. On the last page, I’ve gathered nutritional information for all of the ingredients. Now you really can chew and eat your supplements! Check out my recipe in printable format.

Sliced fresh fennel bulb adds fiber, nutrition and a delicate anise-like flavor.

When you download my recipe, you'll also get the nutritional information that I've sourced. I also include recommendations for adding more nutrition. For example, did you know that one medium red onion has 8.1 milligrams of Vitamin C and 27 milligrams of Calcium? And, all onions and radicchio feed the probiotics in our gut with prebiotic fiber, thus making our gut very happy. For reference, a small orange has 53.2 milligrams of Vitamin C and 40 milligrams of Calcium. Interestingly, though, a medium green pepper offers up 132 milligrams of Vitamin C and 1 cup of chopped parsley hands us 79.8 milligrams of Vitamin C, along with Vitamins K, A and Folate! Recipe can be downloaded in printable format here.



Comments

Popular Posts