Election Week Dinners 2020

The outcome of this election may not be final for a few days. I'm okay with that, as long as we have a just and fair election. Many thanks to Governor McMaster for allowing early/absentee voting for everyone in my state, South Carolina. It made voting so much easier and without any concerns for standing in long lines, social distancing and a slow postal system. For many voters, however, today is the only day that they can get away from work to vote, and there are others who prefer the energy of voting on election day. Patience, my friends, and don't forget to wear a mask.

The final results of the election may be a few days late this year. While we're waiting, I thought I'd offer a way to reduce stress by curating some of my fast and easy dinners for tonight through Friday. Take them in any order that suits you. My only suggestion is, in case you're feeling like a CHANGE on this election day, try something different and begin with my recipe for one of the easiest Greek Heritage Cooking dishes, Stewed Cauliflower.

Stress-free dinner for election week

STRESS-FREE DINNERS FOR ELECTION WEEK COOKING

Tuesday--One of the easiest one-pot dinners in my repertoire is the surprisingly delicious Greek Heritage Cooking (already) Simplified recipe for Stewed Cauliflower. Try something different on election day 2020.

Wednesday--I recommend my Friday Night Frittata for Wednesday. Perhaps you stayed up way too late Tuesday night, hoping for a clear winner and then you still had to endure going to work, possibly driving home in traffic and all you need is something tasty for dinner that doesn't require much brainpower. If you feel up to it, you can serve it with a simple green salad, but that's it. Done and done! Go to bed early tonight.

Thursday--Feeling a bit more refreshed, tonight you can assemble this recipe for a Lentil Salad. While the lentils cook, you do a little chopping, and in thirty minutes you'll have dinner. Satisfying and full of meaty Mediterranean flavors, this may be a Fall salad, but it smells of sunshine and a seaside table on a Summer day in Greece.

Friday--Okay, maybe we have the final election results by now. Fingers crossed, fellow foodies! You have a little more time to spare on this last day of the typical workweek. Use it to enjoy chopping and prepping all of the vegetables for my Egg Roll Bowl. Yes, you can turn this into egg rolls, but for a stress-free and low-carb version, keep it simple by spooning a big pile of deliciousness into a deep bowl, and then eating your Friday night dinner on the sofa in front of the television. 

Now, depending on how this election goes, if we have a clear winner by Friday, you may (or may not) want to celebrate. I hope I'm celebrating! Regardless, I'll post a celebration dinner for you to enjoy. Stay calm, friends, and be kind. This is the UNITED States of America. We've been a bit UNTIED, but let's regroup and come together again.

Comments

Popular Posts