Giving In to Carb Cravings

I admit it, sometimes I begin thinking about a yeasty roll or a piece of chocolate cake or a big slice of pizza. As someone who is living a low-carb lifestyle, I struggle to get past this craving that I've managed to put into my head. It's not because I'm hungry, it's not because my body needs the carbs; it's because I have a memory of how this food made me feel and I want to eat it and feel that way again.

Enough philosophy. What do I do when I feel this way? Yes, that's what we're here to find out. Well, sometimes I'm smart enough to talk myself past the craving, and sometimes I yield. I give in enthusiastically! At these times, I want my carbs now! One of the easiest way to satisfy my bad habit is to whip up a few crepes.
Good maple syrup and a light dusting of powdered sugar turn this fast food into an elegant breakfast or dessert.



print recipe

Easy Fast Food Crepes
Quick. Easy. Delicious. Make for breakfast or use as a light and easy dessert.
Ingredients
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 cup All-purpose flour
  • pinch salt
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • extra butter for cooking
Instructions
In a bowl, I whisk the eggs, milk, water and salt. Next, I gently whisk in the flour and, finally, I whisk in the melted butter.In a small non-stick pan, melt about 1/2 and ounce of butter. Lift the pan away from the heat and ladle in about 1/4 cup of the batter. Tilt the pan to swirl the batter evenly all the way around. Cook over medium-high heat and flip once the batter has set.Once I have all of my crepes, I spread a light layer of apricot jam over half of each crepe and then fold in half. As a variation to the apricot jam, a good maple syrup is a glorious accompaniment. Serve two to four crepes per person with a small dollop of whipped cream.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 10 - 12 crepes

Comments

Popular Posts