Smitten With Smitten Kitchen

Deb Perelman is amazing! Deb is the genius behind the popular website, Smitten Kitchen. She's such an inspiration, cooking and taking fabulous photos of her cooking creations in a "tiny NYC apartment." Recently, I had an opportunity to cook a couple of recipes from her book "Smitten Kitchen Keepers" for our community cookbook club gathering. I was skeptical of her red sauce recipe for meatballs, but I followed her instructions, and (believe it or not) it was easy and delicious. Not acidic at all, and ready in 15 minutes! I've changed it up just a teeny bit by adding chopped herbs and cheese at the end. 

Deb's sauce recipe can be found in her new cookbook, or you can print it from her website (ever so slightly different from the one in the book). You can also find my adaptation of Deb's recipe in this link, along with my meatball recipe.

My Ricotta Meatballs Appetizer

Smitten with my meatball recipe. Deb's meatball recipe is wonderful too, but I have my own ricotta meatball recipe (my own keeper) that I'm sharing with you today. As an entree, I cook the browned meatballs with Deb's sauce, but when I serve the meatballs as an appetizer, no sauce is needed, although I finish them with a bit of fresh lemon juice and a chiffonade of fresh aromatic basil.

For Deb's sauce and my recipe for meatballs two ways, click here.



My meatballs with Deb Perelman's Sauce



Comments

Popular Posts